Needless to say that the UPSC civil service exam is a gateway to get recruited for the prominent government jobs in India. The most eminent service is the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) which is closely followed by the Indian Foreign Service (IFS) and the Indian Administrative Service (IAS).
Not all the people get selected for this service. Don’t be worried. There are other services referred by the government of India. This article is assembled to let you know about the name of another service which will give the same respect as given by other government services.
What is the IAAS Exam?
IAAS or Indian Audit and Accounts Service is a Group ‘A’ civil services of the Government of India. It is a central government service headed by the Comptroller and Auditor General of India or CAG. This service has the command of auditing the State and Central government accounts and public sector organization.
It is maintaining the State government accounts as well. Moreover, it also supervises the entitlement function like Pension and Provident Fund.
Indian Audit and Accounts Service also has three overseas offices in Kuala Lumpur, London, and Washington DC. Moreover, CAG of India also directs auditing for international organizations such as the World Intellectual Property Organization, United Nations, etc.
Moreover, they regularly audit diverse United Nations workplaces around the world further to Indian Embassies in distinct nations. Despite the posting in IAAS, IAAS Officers are in high demand for in government departments for deputation as Financial Advisers and different government posts usually held by using Indian Administrative service officers.
Moreover, they also are recruited on deputation to distant places, workplaces of United Nations establishments, World Bank, and IMF. The largest attraction of IAAS in comparison to different All India and Central Civil Services is its independence.
The significant duty of the IAAS is to audit the accounts of the State and Union governments and public sector organization along with maintaining the accounts for State governments.
Their roles are somewhat similar to the US GAO and the National Audit Office. Once recruited as IAAS officers, they get trained basically at the National Academy of Audit and Accounts, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India.
As per Nationality:Like the other competitive exams, the eligibility criteria for the Indian Audit and Accounts Service or IAAS exam are the same.
Eligibility Criteria to apply for IAAS Exam?
- He/She must be a citizen of India
- He/She has to be a Tibetan Refugee who got here in India before January 1, 1962, as well as settled completely in India
- He/She needs to be a citizen of Nepal or a subject of Bhutan
- He/She ought to be a person of Indian Origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Vietnam, Kenya, Malawi, Myanmar, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zaire, or Sri Lanka with an intention of permanently living in India
As per Educational Qualification
The candidates willing to participate in IAAS must satisfy the following educational eligibilities as well along with other eligibilities. Let’s have a look at the educational eligibilities governed by the Indian government:
- Candidates need to hold a diploma from any of the college recognized by the UGC or possess an equal qualification.
- Candidates should maintain a Bachelor’s Degree from any of the recognized universities
- Candidates who have not cleared their bachelor degree yet are eligible to apply as well for the Preliminary Examination. These candidates must provide a proof of passing the said exam, which should be accurate and can verify in case of any complexity.
- Candidates with technical and professional qualifications recognized by the Government or its equal are also eligible to use
- Candidates who’ve passed the very last year of MBBS or any Medical Examination, however, are yet to finish the internship also can seem for the Main Examination. Moreover, they need to put up a certificate from the concerned college or University from where they have passed the final professional medical examination.
Moreover, the eligibility criteria for the IAAS, or Indian Audit and Accounts Service exam are the same as other civil service exams. Once the candidates cleared IAAS exam, they will get a lot to the government services as per their rank and will undergo through prescribed training as well.
Hence, the educational as well as nationality eligibility should be checked before applying for IAAS exam. In any circumstance, once applied to IAAS exam without fulfilling the above conditions, the candidate will not be able to proceed to next steps.